The purpose of this job is to develop seafood tonalities and implement the penetration strategy for West Africa, promoting and selling a variety of flavors and ingredients for soups, sauces, cubes, and snacks, to current and future customers, as well as grow profitability and build long term client relationships. The main focus will be on our seafood flavors and ingredients. The success candidate will work with our local team to support expansion in the region.
See more details after the jump
- To understand and develop the tonalities and markets for flavors and ingredients in soups, sauces, cubes and snacks in Nigeria and West Africa, and with main focus on seafood flavors and ingredients.
- To be able to advise, and by hands on show how to apply our client’s seafood flavors and ingredients i.e. have the working knowledge of flavor application into the above mentioned product categories.
- To develop a broad knowledge on West African industrial products related to seafood and where Seafood is incorporated
- Deliver opinions and feedback from the market to Sales Director Seafood Global and to Commercial Manager, Western Africa on the market needs for future strategies within the category
- Develop and sustain productive customer relationships
- Drive efficient project management & vitality
- Active communication with Technical, Supply Chain and other support functions
- Participate and contribute to the local management team;
- Develop sales strategies to satisfy business objectives, as well as to maximize sales opportunities
- Document sales calls, enter and interpret briefs and communicates client requirements to respective technical functions to ensure open communications so that customer requirements are understood and met
- Provide clients with general and specific information regarding the use of flavors and ingredients in development of soups, sauces, cubes and snacks.
- Conduct customers presentations and submit flavor ideas and interact with customers’ Development and Marketing teams
- Identify requirements in Consumer Insights and communicate them the to the Sales Director Seafood Global
- Keep abreast of competitive activities, prices, and develop and exploit new business opportunities within existing clients as well as new clients
- Ensure that administrative functions such as itineraries, expense and call reports, etc., are accurately maintained
Education: Bachelor or Master Degree in Food Science or Food Technology
Experience: Industrial experience from food industry or experience as chef Sales experience
Language: English , French (an advantage)
Ability to work independently
Ability to work in team
Ability to build relationships
Good communication skills
Knowledge of Excel, Word and Power Point
Valid drivers license
The ideal candidate can expect a compensation package which matches his/her experience and organizational level.
Candidates can apply irrespective of gender. Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.